We need YOU! Substitutes are critical to our school district!
We appreciate your interest in substitute teaching with Forsyth County Schools. If you meet our minimum requirements and would like to be considered for substitute teaching, complete your online application for Substitute Teacher through Forsyth County School’s AppliTrack System found online by clicking here.
Minimum requirements to apply:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed application
*You do not need to be a certified teacher to become a substitute
If you are interested in becoming a substitute and you hold a valid teaching certificate:
If you hold a current, valid Georgia Educator Certificate from the Georgia Professionals Standards Commission, a current, valid out-of-state Educator Certificate or an expired Georgia Educator Certificate and are interested in substitute teaching, please contact Ginger Henson or Sharon McAllister in the Human Resources Department for alternative training instructions. Please include your Georgia Certificate number in your email.
Steps to Becoming a Substitute
1. Complete Application: Submit an application for Job 255: Substitute Teacher
2. Screening: Completed applications (must include proof of education and references) will be screened and candidates who are selected will receive an email invitation to attend a required virtual Substitute Workshop.
3. Fingerprinting: Candidates who are invited to the required virtual Substitute Workshop will also be required to report to the FCS School Safety office for fingerprinting. Please bring a check or money order with you in the amount of $60 made payable to Forsyth County Schools to complete the required background check.
4. Substitute Onboarding Process: Candidates who complete the required virtual Substitute Workshop and have a background check cleared through Human Resources will receive an email containing further information on required HR paperwork.
If you have additional application questions, please contact the Human Resources office at 770-887-2461, extension 202146, Dr. Jaime D. Brown.
Substitute Activities and Athletic Pass
This pass includes half-price admission for one to FCS home athletic events, musicals, plays, band concerts, and other special school-sponsored activities. Half-price admission does not extend to play-off games, graduation or PTO/A sponsored events. If you have questions about this pass, please contact Dr. Jamie D. Brown at email@example.com.