We need YOU! Substitutes are critical to our school district!
We appreciate your interest in substitute teaching with Forsyth County Schools. It only takes a few steps to be considered for employment as a substitute teacher with the Forsyth County Schools.
Steps to Becoming a Substitute
- Click the following links to review the job description Job 255: Substitute Teacher and the Substitute Handbook.
- Complete Application: If you meet all the requirements outlined in the job description, click the red apply button
- If you hold a valid/expired (5-years or less) Georgia Educator Certificate from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission or a currently valid out-of-state Educator Certificate, please include it in your application.
- A certification number must be included.
- Screening: Completed applications will be screened and candidates who are selected will receive an email invitation to attend a required virtual Substitute Workshop. The following steps must be included in your application to be considered:
- Proof of Education: Proof of education must be uploaded in the application. As of August 17, 2023, applicants who have completed their educational requirements outside of the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia must provide Forsyth County Schools with an international credential report, which includes an English evaluation that confirms U.S. diploma or degree equivalency. The international credential report must be prepared by an agency approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- References: We must receive a minimum of two completed references. You can monitor completed references by viewing the Reference section of your application.
- Fingerprinting: Candidates who are invited to the required virtual Substitute Workshop will also be required to report to the FCS School Safety office for fingerprinting. Please bring a check or money order with you in the amount of $60 made payable to Forsyth County Schools to complete the required background check.
- Substitute Onboarding Process: Candidates who complete the required virtual Substitute Workshop and have a background check cleared through Human Resources will receive an email containing further information on required HR paperwork.
2023-2024 Substitute Virtual Workshops Schedule: To be considered for a workshop, all requirements listed in the Screening step above must be completed.
- July 18, 2023
- September 12, 2023
- November 14, 2023
- January 9, 2024
- March 12, 2024
- May 7, 2024
If you have additional application questions, please contact the Human Resources office at 770-887-2461, extension 200156, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute Activities and Athletic Pass
This pass includes half-price admission for one to FCS home athletic events, musicals, plays, band concerts, and other special school-sponsored activities. Half-price admission does not extend to play-off games, graduation or PTO/A sponsored events. If you have questions about this pass, please contact Dr. Jamie D. Brown at email@example.com.