We need YOU! Substitutes are critical to our school district!
We appreciate your interest in substitute teaching with Forsyth County Schools. It only takes a few steps to be considered for employment as a substitute teacher with the Forsyth County Schools.
If you are interested in becoming a substitute and you hold a valid/expired Georgia Educator Certificate from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission or a currently valid out-of-state Educator Certificate, please contact Ginger Henson or Sharon McAllister in the Human Resources Department for alternative training instructions. Please include your Georgia Certificate number in your email.
Steps to Becoming a Substitute
- Click the following link to review the job description: Job 255: Substitute Teacher
- Complete Application: If you meet all the requirements outlined in the job description, click the red apply button
- Screening: Completed applications (must include proof of education and references) will be screened and candidates who are selected will receive an email invitation to attend a required virtual Substitute Workshop.
- Fingerprinting: Candidates who are invited to the required virtual Substitute Workshop will also be required to report to the FCS School Safety office for fingerprinting. Please bring a check or money order with you in the amount of $60 made payable to Forsyth County Schools to complete the required background check.
- Substitute Onboarding Process: Candidates who complete the required virtual Substitute Workshop and have a background check cleared through Human Resources will receive an email containing further information on required HR paperwork.
2023-2024 Substitute Workshops Schedule:
- July 18th, 2023
- September 12th, 2023
- November 14th, 2023
- Juanuary 19th, 2024
- March 12th, 2024
- May 7th, 2024
If you have additional application questions, please contact the Human Resources office at 770-887-2461, extension 202149, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute Activities and Athletic Pass
This pass includes half-price admission for one to FCS home athletic events, musicals, plays, band concerts, and other special school-sponsored activities. Half-price admission does not extend to play-off games, graduation or PTO/A sponsored events. If you have questions about this pass, please contact Dr. Jamie D. Brown at email@example.com.