UPDATED SENIOR GRADUATE ACTIVITIES (8/4/2020)
To view a recording of Graduation 2020 at Infinite Energy Arena click here
Live Stream Link for the Graduation ceremony 7/30/2020
A recording will be provided at a later date.
- Due to the number of graduates that are choosing not to walk, we have extra tickets. If you would like to request additional tickets, please stop by the school by 3pm Wednesday.
- Please encourage anyone attending your graduation ceremony that they need to purchase a parking pass ($5) for the Infinite Energy Arena. They will NOT be accepting cash on Thursday, only cards. Please share the link to purchase a pass in advance: https://www.infiniteenergycenter.com/events/detail/forsyth-county-high-school-graduations-1
- If you haven’t picked up your diploma, parking pass and graduation tickets, you must pick them up from the main office by 3pm Wednesday. No one will be passing out tickets at the arena. If a guest doesn’t have a ticket, they will not be admitted.
- Lastly, it is imperative that you read the informational sheet that outlines all of the instructions/details for Thursday.
- Here is the attachment of the graduation practice presentation. Please go through this and read ALL information. There are very important points of interest that need to be reviewed prior to the graduation ceremony.
Parking Link for Infinite Energy ArenaIf you did not pick up your packet of materials 7/28/2020 for graduation, please be sure to come to the school 7/29/2020 from 9-3. This will be the last oppurtunity to get what you need for graduation day.
CHANGE OF PLANS
Graduations and Parents,
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are making an adjustment to tomorrow’s graduation practice. Rather that meeting as a large group in the cafeteria, we will instead utilize a drive-through format like we did for graduation gown pick-up. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please see the attachment for specifics as they relate to tomorrow.
Denmark High School
Here is the attachment of the graduation practice presentation. Please go through this and read ALL information. There are very important points of interest that need to be reviewed prior to the graduation ceremony.
Reminder to graduates and parents about this week:
- Graduation practice and picnic is mandatory for those that plan to walk on Thursday at the ceremony.
- Each graduate will receive their tickets, parking passes, programs, and diploma after they are trained on this socially distanced graduation process. Yearbooks, cap & gowns, and tassels will also be available.
- Programs will NOT be given out at the ceremony.
- Those not walking at graduation can arrive at noon to see their counselors located in the main hallway to receive their diploma.
- Parking passes for parents need to be purchased ahead of time. Money will not be receivable once at the arena. Link included here to place your order.
- Lunch will be served for walking graduates.
- Attached pdf gives you the main points of information about graduation, but more information will be given on Tuesday to the graduates at the senior picnic and practice. Be sure to read through everything shared with you so that you are fully aware of all information and expectations.
- Masks and social distancing is expected at both events.
Senior update: The Graduation picnic will be help July 28th 11-1:30pm at Denmark High School for graduates to practice for graduation, have lunch, pick up ceremony tickets, programs, and diplomas (even if not attending ceremony). If you only need your diploma or cap & gown (decoration of caps not permitted) and are not walking at graduation, please arrive at 12pm to collect these items from your counselors stationed in the main hallway.
Click here for current details and to purchase parking tickets for the day of the ceremony.
*This is a mandatory event for those attending the graduation ceremony.
ALL SENIORS MUST COMPLETE THIS SURVEY REGARDING GRADUATION
This survey will allow us to give out an appropriate amount of tickets to all students for graduation. if you are NOT attending graduation, we need to know this so your tickets can be redistributed.
July 3, 2020
To our Seniors and their Parents,
I am writing to update you on our plans for graduation on July 30th. On Monday, June 29 Governor Kemp extended the state’s public health emergency to August 11. To comply with this order the Infinite Energy Center is decreasing all high school and college/university guest ticket numbers from 7,700 to 2,600 to meet social distancing requirements. For our school, this means that the senior guest ticket allotment will decrease from 10 tickets to 4 tickets.
While we hope health conditions improve in Georgia by the time we distribute tickets to seniors on Tuesday, July 28th, we wanted you to be aware of this information to assist you with planning. We understand that this information is very disappointing, however as a state requirement it cannot be modified. We have arranged for the graduation ceremony to be live streamed to accommodate the ticket decrease. The live streaming information will be shared later through email, on social media, and on the senior class website.
More detailed information regarding Graduation practice and senior picnic will be communicated following the 4th of July weekend.
Thank you for your continued support as we work to safely support and recognize our seniors.
Attention seniors: the LAST CHANCE to get your cap and gown will be Tuesday May 26th from 2-4pm in the car rider line at DHS. We will have yard signs there for pick up also. Anything that needs to be returned such as Chromebooks, textbooks, calculators, library books or any other borrowed items can be dropped off in that time.
The only other time to get senior items from the school will be at the senior picnic July 28th. Nothing will be available for pick up this summer.
Reminder: only you (or your parents) can pick up your items from us.
Graduation Tickets and Arena Information (new information 5.18.20)
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE TICKETS OR STUDENT PARKING PASS AT CAP AND GOWN DELIVERY. PICK UP AT SENIOR GRADUATION PRACTICE IN JULY.
Delivery of Senior Materials (5/12/2020)
Cap and gown, yearbook, cords, stoles, tassels, and all other senior items will be available for pick up using this schedule. Stricy guidelines must be followed or you will be turned away.
Honors Night (click to view virtual awards)
Graduation (Infinite Energy Arena) July 30, 9am (arrival 7am)
Virtual Graduation (Details to be announced by FCBOE) May 26, 7pm
Senior Picnic/Grad Practice (Theater/Cafeteria) July 28, time TBA
Click here for more information on COIVD-19 daily updates from the Forsyth Couny BOE.
Click here for more information on the photo contest.
A message from Mrs. Gordy!
Senior dues must be paid ONLINE ONLY at www.gabalfour.com for the Class of 2020. See price increases below.
- $195 until 5/1/2020 ALL DUES PAID BY THIS TIME
Senior dues pay for Cap, Gown, Tassel, Senior gift, Senior breakfast, Senior baccalaureate reception, Graduation programs, Gwinnett Arena rental, diploma covers, and diploma.
- Nationally Recognized Honor Societies w/GPA requirements
- The National Honorary Beta Club
- GHP Alumni
- AP Capstone Diploma
- IB Diploma
- STEM Graduates
- Val/SAL medals
Senior students are eligible to earn a medallion at graduation in the following areas: advanced academic, fine arts, foreign language, and/or career tech. To earn a medallion, students must be a member of an honor society and have completed at least 3 courses within their area of completion, as well as additional requirements located here. To qualify, students must complete a Pathway Verification Form and turn it into their honor society sponsor by February 21st, 2020. If a student qualifies for a medallion in multiple areas, they will receive a “pin” for each additional pathway. Students will only receive 1 medallion.
Counselors will be working to process midyear reports for ALL Common App schools once all first semester grades are posted on transcripts. Midyear reports should be completed by the end of January. If your student needs a midyear report submitted for a non-Common App school, have them fill out this form: https://forms.gle/L6ibeRFDMw36pkJJ6 and follow up with their counselor.
To sign up for texts, text the following to 81010:
Burnell, A-DAV, @dhsb2020
Spurlock, DAW-JAD, @dhss2020
Hollis, JAE-MOR, @dhsh2020
Caseload MOS-SA, @dhsg2020
Farnum, SCH-Z, @dhsf2020
Senior Planning Calendar
Senior Parent Committee
Order your graduation announcements at www.gabalfour.com. Deadline has been EXTENDED to March 29!
Senior Yard Signs!
Order now : https://tinyurl.com/uqufuqh
AND GO TO MYPAYMENTSPLUS.COM TO MAKE YOUR PAYMENT