Class of 2024 News & Updates
Class of 2024,
We are almost done with the first semester and Graduation will be here before you know it. I wanted to take a moment to remind you that your Senior Dues will be paid to 3rd Ascent (Click here to pay dues). Currently, dues are $150 and will cover the ceremony, your cap and gown, Diploma, Diploma Cover, Commemorative Commencement Program, Graduation Practice Breakfast, and a host of other items. These items are all covered with the cost and cannot be sold a la carte. Please make sure that your senior dues are paid before December 31st, 2023. Fees paid after that date will see an increase in the cost of the senior package. If you require financial assistance, please contact your counselor for further information.
I also wanted to take a moment to put a couple of dates on your calendar:
- April 15 – 19 – Senior Week
- April 19 – Prom @ The Carlyle
- May 14 – TBD (morning) – Mandatory Graduation Practice
Location: Denmark High School
More info to come
- May 21– 7pm – Commencement Ceremony
Location: Gas South Arena
Currently, we do not have the number of tickets that each Graduating Senior will receive, but historically it has been around 10 per student. When we know for sure the number of tickets that each student will receive, that information will be shared.
Please direct any questions regarding The Graduation Ceremony to Mr. Thurston Howard via email at email@example.com
Senior students are eligible to earn a medallion at graduation in the following areas: advanced academic, fine arts, foreign language, and/or career tech. To earn a medallion, students must be a member of an honor society and have completed at least 3 courses within their area of completion, as well as additional requirements located here. . If a student qualifies for a medallion in multiple areas, they will receive a “pin” for each additional pathway. Students will only receive 1 medallion.
If you plan to apply for a Pathway Medallion in the Spring, please note that the Community Service project is required this year. You can use project/volunteer hours that have been completed for other service areas. You will be required to document the work and hours completed and have the service hours signed off by the supervising adult (coordinator).
Please note the minimum hours required per pathway medallion:
Advanced Academic – 10 hours
World Language- 10 hours
Fine Arts – 20 hours
Career Tech – 40 hours
*** The pathway medallion forms are not yet available and will be released later in the spring semester. ***
We have several local scholarships available to our senior students. Awards range from $500-$2500 and most are due between February-April. Scroll down here to take a look! https://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=51301
Don’t forget to register for the BigFuture Scholarships! Earn entries in monthly drawings for $500-$40,000 by completing the six qualifying steps on BigFuture! Click here to learn more: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college/bigfuture-scholarships
Any students who are applying to a college with a January 1st deadline need to have submitted their applications by December 8th. If applications are submitted over winter break, they will be processed once counselors return- starting January 8th.
All senior portraits should be taken by CADY STUDIOS by December 1st. Please watch for emails asking students to SELECT THE PORTAIT POSES they want to appear in the yearbook. One casual pose and one formal pose will be included.
Senior Quotes & Kindergarten photos
All seniors will receive a survey in the DHS student course at the first of December to submit their senior quote and kindergarten photo.
Quotes: These will appear underneath their casual photo in the yearbook. If a student doesn’t submit an appropriate quote by the deadline of January 12th, they will not have a quote under their name. Quotes must be school-appropriate and in compliance with all school policies and safe school protocols.
Kindergarten Photos: This is completely optional. They will be used throughout the yearbook to celebrate the journey of the class of 2024.
Reserve a copy of the yearbook by going to yearbookordercenter.com and typing in the school code #17396 or searching for Denmark High School.
The current Price is $75.00 but will go up to $85.00 on December 1st.
Finally, all our information for the Denmark Class of 2024 can be found on the school website under the Senior Class Page (Click here)
Senior Class Sponsors
Senior Dues (Graduation Fees)
Graduation fees cover all costs associated with the graduation ceremony including the venue, cap and gown, stole, tassel, diploma cover, resource officers and EMT staff at the ceremony.
Graduation fees are currently $150 and must be paid online at https://www.3rdascent.com/.
Orders for cap & gowns placed after April 1 will be shipped directly to the student’s home address.
Tuesday, May 21, 2024
Gas South District Arena (formerly Infinite Energy Center)
6400 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Duluth, GA 30097
Tickets will be required.
Seating is “open seating” and first come, first serve.
Gas South District Arena charges a $5 fee for guest parking. We will send out information to pre-purchase parking passes at a later date after we receive those details from the arena. Students will receive a parking pass for themselves. All guests will be required to pay for parking.
Venue FAQ & Information
- Arrive early! Arriving early will provide you with time to park and go through security. Have your parking pass ready. If you prepay for parking, print your parking pass or have it ready on your mobile phone to present to the parking attendant.
- Only clear bags are allowed in the arena. Diaper bags and medical supplies can be contained in non-clear bags but will be subject to inspection in a separate security line with heightened safety standards.
- Seating is first come, first serve. The arena event staff handle all seating and will not allow you to save seats. If you want to sit together, arrive together.
- Accessible Parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests with a valid disability license plate or hangtag combined with a parking pass will be directed to park in an accessible parking space, or the nearest parking space should an accessible space not be available. The individual to whom the disability license plate or hangtag was issued must be present.
- ADA seating is available in the arena. Event staff attendants will be available to help you as needed and will allow one guest to accompany the person in need.
- Following the ceremony, graduates will go out into the front plaza. Gas South will have directional signage for graduates to meet families by their last name - i.e. A-F, G-K, etc. Since graduates are not allowed to have their phones during the ceremony, make plans now to meet your graduate near the appropriate sign or somewhere off arena grounds.
Attire for Graduation
Business casual attire is expected for graduates. Graduates may NOT have any items with them on the arena floor (cell phones, keys, etc.). Graduates may NOT decorate their graduation caps. Students may NOT wear graduation cords or academic regalia that has not been approved and sponsored by Forsyth County Schools and Denmark High School.
Students that participate in any of the following will have the opportunity to wear an honors cord during the graduation ceremony.
- Nationally Recognized Honor Societies w/GPA Requirements
- The National Honorary Beta Club
- GHP Alumni
- AP Capstone Diploma
- IB Diploma
- STEM Graduates
- Val/Sal Medals
Seniors are eligible to earn a medallion at graduation in the following areas: advanced academic, fine arts, foreign language, and/or career tech. To earn a medallion, students must be a member of an honor society and have completed at least 3 courses within their area of completion, as well as additional requirements located HERE.
Counselors will be working to process midyear reports for ALL Common App schools once all first semester grades are posted on transcripts. Midyear reports should be completed by the end of January. If your student needs a midyear report submitted for a non-Common App school, have them fill out this form: https://forms.gle/L6ibeRFDMw36pkJJ6 and follow up with their counselor.
If you have any questions regarding graduation, please contact Mr. Howard via email or office phone at 470-533-2521 ext: 511456. Thank you!