These resources are provided to assist the implementation of Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) throughout the Forsyth County Schools System.BYOT Handouts
- Suggestions for Beginning Your BYOT Initiative (website/ handout)
- Student BYOT Policy/Agreement - The content of this policy may be modified by each school to fit the needs of its learning community (Sample BYOT Policy/Agreement Letter).
- 10 Key Components of a Successful BYOT Initiative (adapted from work by Eric Sheninger)
- BYOT Tour Video from September 28, 2012 by Jenny Grabiec.
- Forsyth's BYOT Program was featured on the May 6, 2012 NBC Nightly News Broadcast. Watch the Video Here!
- BYOT at Forsyth Central High School - Video of BYOT Tour on February 10, 2012!
- Advantages of the BYOT Classroom by Dr. Tim Clark, eSchoolNews
- From Acceptable Use to Responsible Use by Dr. Tim Clark, Creative Educator
- Transforming Learning with BYOT by Dr. Tim Clark, A Platform for Good
- Crossing the Device Divide by David Raths, THE Journal
- Digitally Aided Education, Using the Students' Own Electronic Gear by Matt Richtel, The New York Times
- Recap of the BYOT Tour in Forsyth County, GA by Jill Thompson (September 28, 2012)
- FCS BYOT Infrastructure by Tanya Roscorla
- Personalizing the Learning Environment - Ten Steps to Encourage Student Voice and Student Choice by Barbara Bray & Kathleen McClaskey
- Middle School Students Using Smartphones More Interested in STEM by Joshua Bolkan
- Living and Learning with Mobile Devices: What Parents Think about Mobile Devices for Early Childhood and K-12 Learning by Grunwald Associates LLC
- Kajeet Provides Off-Campus Internet To Students At Forsyth County Schools
- Community Effort Provides Students with MiFi Devices
- Morrow Family Medicine Raises $30K for Forsyth Schools' Bring Your Own Technology Initative
- FCS Free Wi-Fi Directory for Students