Parents of New Kindergarten Students...CLICK HERE!
We would like to officially welcome you and your “Soon-to-Be Kindergartener” to Silver City Elementary School. Here at Silver City our mission is to provide a supportive environment with rigor and relevance that encourages problem solving, provides individual excellence, collaborative learning, and quality performance for all. We realize that entry to Kindergarten is a “huge step” in your child’s journey and would like to make their transition to our “family” as seamless as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are registering all new students using a virtual process. You can begin the registration process by following these directions on our County website even without all of the required forms, but your child(ren) cannot start the first day of school until all of the forms are turned in. Any forms needed from a doctor can be turned in at a later day through the upload process. After registering, you will receive an email indicating any forms that are missing and the upload link is also provided.
- To see an overview of all our Kindergarten Roundup activities, please HERE.
- Our virtual Orientation has many components, including virtual sessions, a virtual tour and many resources to help you and your child get ready for the 2020/21 school year. We are EXCITED! Hope you are, too!
Welcome Video and Orientation
- These two videos will give you a great introduction to Silver City and our staff
- Welcome Video – Intro to KK staff and Orientation Presentation (presentation begins at 12:12 on the video)
- Virtual SCES Tour
- Please watch these prior to attending a “live” Q&A session to get more of your questions answered
- Join one of these sessions to hear a brief review of our orientation presentation and then ask our KK staff any questions you have:
- May 14th @ 5:30 pm
- May 15th @ 8:30 am
- May 18th @ 6:30 pm
- July 27th @ 8:30 am and 6:30 pm
- Use this link to join us virtually – https://meet.google.com/cqu-fiab-ytb (open this link in Google Chrome and click JOIN NOW. If you need to join just via phone, call 1-904-580-9582 and enter PIN: 964 869 748#
- Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey so we will have a more accurate picture of your child’s abilities and needs. We will be using this instead of in-person screenings. Please complete this by July, 31.
Kindergarten Readiness Resources
- Click HERE to find a “Readiness Checklist” and “Tips, Tools, and Tricks” document that may be utilized over the summer to better prepare your child for Kindergarten. Children are NOT required to achieve mastery of these skills prior to their entry in Kindergarten.