Return to Headlines
PROTOCOLS TO FOLLOW RELATED TO COVID
- If a student is feeling sick (fever, vomiting, etc.) please keep your child at home. They MUST be fever-free without medication for 24 hours before they can return to school.
- If a student has a pending COVID test, they should not be at school. We are also requesting that siblings also remain home until the results come back as well. Please communicate this to the school nurse and homeroom teacher.
- If a student has received a positive COVID test, they must remain quarantined for 10 days from the date of onset of symptoms or the date of the positive test, if asymptomatic. Please reach out to Nurse Christina (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will help you determine when your child can return to school.
- If a student has been in direct contact with a COVID positive person outside of school, you should follow the recommendations of your health care provider regarding quarantining. Please feel free to consult with our school nurse for any questions. If the student is displaying any symptoms of COVID, they must quarantine and it is highly recommended they get a COVID test.
- Anytime a student or family member that lives in the same home has a pending test, we are requesting that the student stay home pending test results. Please contact the school nurse and homeroom teacher to share this information.
- If there is a student and/or staff member that tests positive, we will send a campus messenger to notify you that there is a positive case in the classroom or on the bus so that you can be intentional about monitoring for symptoms as a precaution.
- If your child is a direct contact with someone who tested positive, an additional email will be sent notifying you of the direct contact exposure. These emails are autogenerated at 5:00 PM, 9:00 PM and 6:00 AM.
- If your student is quarantining due to a COVID exposure, please contact your child’s teacher and our attendance secretary, Jennie Hartzler (email@example.com) , so that the school is aware of your decision. Any students who are quarantining are able to access class work through their teacher’s itslearning page.
Please read the COVID Facts for Families 8/16 from the District