Kelly Mill Drama Spring Production
KME Drama Presents…
Kelly Mill Drama is excited to announce upcoming auditions for our Spring Production, Disney’s The Little Mermaid Junior! In a magical underwater kingdom, the beautiful young mermaid, Ariel, longs to leave her ocean home — and her fins — behind and live in the world above.
Steps to audition:
- Complete “The Little Mermaid Jr Audition Form” Google Form linked here by Friday, November 15th.
- Print and give the “Teacher Recommendation Form” linked here to your homeroom teacher by Monday, November 18th to complete and return to Mrs. Tithof
- Prepare for your audition by learning “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid. This can be located on Mrs. Tithof’s ItsLearning page under The Little Mermaid Jr.
- Practice introducing yourself for your audition: “Hi my name is (your name) and I will be singing…” Students MUST be prepared for their audition. We will not accept applications the day of auditions.
- If you are only interested in Technical Crew, please complete the “Technical Crew Application” Google Form linked here. You will also need to print and give your homeroom teacher the “Teacher Recommendation Form” linked here. You do not need to audition if you only want to be on Technical Crew.
Auditions will be held in the music room from 2:30 until 4:00pm. *Please bring a healthy snack and water bottle to your audition!
- 4th Grade: November 18th
- 5th Grade: November 19th
BREAK A LEG!!!
- The cast and crew list will be posted on November 22nd at 3pm via ItsLearning on the Kelly Mill Drama page. The list will also be posted outside Mrs. Tithof’s room.
- Acting Rehearsals will be on Mondays and Tuesdays from 2:30 to 4pm. Music rehearsals will be on Thursdays from 2:30 to 3:30pm. Please bring a snack and water bottle to all rehearsals.
- When rehearsing a high-quality production, extra rehearsals may be required. Parents will be given direct notice of any extra rehearsals. These will be more flexible with attendance.
- Rehearsal attendance is required. Excused absences are only given when Mrs. Tithof is notified of sickness or family emergency 24+ hours in advance. Two unexcused absences result in removal from the cast. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- Not all cast members will be called for every rehearsal. A rehearsal schedule will be given out after the parent and cast meeting.
- Cast members are expected to rehearse lines and music outside of afterschool rehearsal. A great sense of responsibility and a good work ethic are crucial!
- The Drama Club fee will be due by Friday, December 6rd. The KME Drama Club Fee is $80. This includes one cast t-shirt, two complimentary tickets, and production fees. Scholarship opportunities will be given at the discretion of Mr. McAllister.
- All communication will be through email and ItsLearning.
Important Dates to Consider:
- December 3td -> Cast and Crew Meeting (2:30-3:30pm), Parent Meeting (3:30-4pm) in Café.
- December 10th - > Cast and Crew Read-Thru (2:30-3:30)
- December 11th and 18th (Tentative Music Rehearsals)
- Jan. 25, Feb. 22, March 7 -> Saturday Choreography Rehearsal at KME
- March 23rd -> Load In at West Forsyth High School PAC
- March 24th-26th -> Dress Rehearsals at West Forsyth High School PAC (Time TBD)
- March 27th & 28th -> Performances at 7pm at West Forsyth High School PAC
- March 29th - > Performance at 2pm at West Forsyth High School PAC
We thank you so much for your interest in auditioning for The Little Mermaid Jr! Please note we will only be doing one cast, so spots are limited. All we ask is for students to do their best and have fun! If you have any questions or concerns, please email Mrs. Tithof at firstname.lastname@example.org