Good afternoon Midway Families,
We have had a great four days welcoming our students back to school. It has been wonderful seeing all the smiling faces.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we help our students get into the routine of arrival and dismissal each day.
We are in need of your help and partnership as we work to improve our carline. As you know, we experience a high volume of traffic during arrival and dismissal.
Safety is a top priority for our students and families.
We will begin implementing the following carline procedures this afternoon (Tuesday 8/10).
• We are adding additional stations to unload and load students using our entire front sidewalk. This will increase from 5 to 12 coned stations.
• We will be implementing a Right Turn only onto Hwy 9 out of our parking lot during arrival and dismissal in an effort to keep the flow of traffic moving.
• In addition, we ask that cars delay arriving at school for dismissal until 2:40 p.m.
• Students will enter and exit their cars from the right side.
• We ask all parents to remain in their cars during carline.
We greatly appreciate your help as we make these adjustments to better serve you and our Midway community.
Daphne K. Rogers
Midway Elementary School