November 2, 2021 - APPROVED!THANK YOU Forsyth County voters! 69% of voters supported the SPLOST for Schools, which is a higher approval percentage than the 2016 SPLOST, and 2014 and 2018 Bond elections!The 1% Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) for Schools is an opportunity for Forsyth County voters to continue the current sales tax (projected to expire March 2022, hence why this is on the November ballot) for another five-year period or when a cap of $300 million is collected in order to:
If SPLOST is approved by voters:
- Continue to make payments on voter-approved Bonds ($50 million)
- Complete maintenance and life cycle projects at existing schools
- Build one new elementary school (Replacement/larger school for Midway, built in 1961)
- Fund safety, STEM, fine arts, CTAE/College and Career Development, special education, technology, transportation, and athletics
- Purchase land
If SPLOST is not approved by voters:
- Funds would be available in 2022
- If growth remains the same, FCS does not anticipate the need for a Bond in the next five years.
- If SPLOST revenues continue to come in steady, FCS anticipates being able to lower the Bond millage rate over time as previous Bond commitments are paid down.
- The BOE will have to increase property taxes in order to make the Bond payments.
- The projects listed above may not be completed.
- The next opportunity to place SPLOST on the ballot would be May 2022, meaning collections would be lost between March and May.
- Sample Ballot
- Register to Vote
- Vote by Mail
- Advance/Early Voting
- November 2 Election Day Voting Information
- Voting Locations and Precinct Maps
- FC Voter Registrations and Elections
Questions? Email email@example.comDid you know?
- Past Bond and SPLOST Information
- FCS Financial Transparency
- FCS External Audit Reports
- FCS Monthly Financial Reports:
1. Go to Meetings, Board of Education
2. Select a date for a Regular Board Meeting
3. On the agenda, select Finance Report
- FCS is home to over 51,500 students in 41 schools.
- As the largest employer in the county, FCS employs 6,000+ full-time staff and 1,000+ substitutes.
- Over the past decade, FCS student enrollment has increased 43%! FCS built 8 new schools during this time period.
- All existing schools prior to 2000 received additions/renovations within the past two decades.
- FCS is the 6th largest of 180 school districts in Georgia.
- FCS has the highest county graduation rate (96%), highest SAT and ACT scores, and highest financial efficiency rating in metro Atlanta and among large districts.